Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When to Order???


I get asked frequently, "when do I need to order my gown?" or "when do I need to decide on bridesmaid dresses?"

Here is the "ideal" timeline:

1. Order your wedding gown 6-12 months before your wedding.
1a. Order your veil once you decide on your dress and how you want to wear your hair.
1b. Be sure to purchase your undergarments and shoes before your first fitting.
2. Order your bridesmaid dresses 5-8 months before your wedding.
3. Decide on tuxes and have the guys get measured 2-3 months before your wedding.
4. Mother's gowns should be ordered 4-6 months before the wedding.

Of course, your timeline is as individual as your wedding. There are often circumstances that warrant differing from the "ideal" that I listed above. Almost all designers have "rush programs"; and finding your gown on the sample rack is a great option, too!

September's Bride...a fresh approach to formal

No comments: