Friday, November 18, 2011

West 8th Apple Pie

Here's my second recipe that I'm sharing with you this Thanksgiving.

Then we'll head back to talking everything weddings & wedding fashion :)

My youngest son LOVES apple pie.  My whole family loves THIS apple pie.  I call it "West 8th Apple Pie" because my two "secret" ingredients are from stores just down the street from September's Bride on West 8th Street in Holland, MI.

You will need:

Pie Crust (I find that the Pillsbury Ready Pie Crust is easier & better than anything I make myself)

6 large or 8 medium Gala apples, cut into small chunks
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 heaping teaspoon of Grandma Nettie's Pie Spice
   available at The Seasoned Home in downtown Holland
1 1/2 tablespoons of Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
   available at Fustini's in downtown Holland
4 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place one crust in pie pan.  In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients through the vinegar in order.

Fill pie crust with apple mixture and dot with butter, divided into 8 parts.

Top with other crust, folding edges and crimping as desired.  Cut slits in the top crust.

Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Let cool before slicing.

"Like" this recipe on our Facebook page; I am giving away a set of my "secret ingredients" to a lucky fan!







No comments: