Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bridal Trends Part 1


After returning from Bridal Market, I'm always asked, "What are the trends for next year?" I'm going to take a few days and a few posts to share the trends that I saw with you.

Lace gowns and the "fit-and-flare" silhouette remain strong for 2010. Both have been great bridal looks for the past 18-24 months, and I think they will continue to be from what we saw at market.

The "biggest" silhouette to watch for is the traditional ballgown. With a natural waistline, and then a full skirt in taffeta or satin, this return to "classic" is right around the corner. The waist is often highlighted with a wide silk band, bow, or ruching. No huge trains, just a sweep or chapel length, which I think is perfect with the full skirt. I love the "new" ballgowns in silk dupioni or taffeta with minimal beading. When wearing this much fabric, you need a beautiful and light-weight fabric.

Almost any figure can wear a ballgown. Because it already has the "hourglass" shape on it's own, it flatters so many body shapes. Try one on, you may be delighted!

September's Bride...a fresh approach to formal.

No comments: